Sunday, September 14, 2008

Aloha!

Recently I had the pleasure of visiting Hawaii on an extended vacation of sorts. 2 1/2 months I stayed in Hawaii. While there I was able to get out and about to see some of the sites, sounds and food that they have to offer there.

Also while I was there I picked up a couple of recipe books to bring back with me, in the hopes of recreating the food I enjoyed.

So we decided to have our own Luau last night.

We made Kalua Pork







Luau Sweet Potatoes







Tropical Fruit Boat







Paradise Cake




And I drank Lava Flows :) mmmmmmm yummy!!
If you'd like the recipe for how to make a Lava Flow here is the one I like
Courtesy of my husband:
3 cups ice more or less to taste
1 1/2 oz of coconut rum
4 oz of Pina Colada Mix
2 oz pureed sweetened strawberries
1st you have to have a blender :)
Puree the strawberries pour into bottom of glass
Rinse blender out
add ice crush into a slush
add coconut rum, pina colada mix
Tilt glass to one side so the strawberry climbs one side of glass.
Gently pour coconut mixture into glass
Garnish with a pineapple wedge & straw
Enjoy!!!
Mahalo (Thank You) for stopping by!!
Oh yes and I'm aware that this doesn't follow my diet :)

2 comments:

  1. A Lava Flow sounds perfect right now! I'll have to give it a try sometime. I'd rather take a trip to Hawaii but I think a Lava Flow in the sand box out back is as close as I'll get for a while!

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a little love!

Related Posts with Thumbnails