Monday, October 20, 2008

Making a Rag Quilt

For some time now I have been wanting to make one of these quilts that would actually work. It could have been sewers error or lack of a good explanation of how the process goes as well! :)

I love how the quilts will fray after being washed, looks really homespunny (lol my new word & yet I know it really isn't a new word.)

So i've tried to make a smaller version just to see if I could get it to work or not and so far i've gotten the not.

But I am going to try it using this tutorial it looks very well explained so now as of right now I have no questions about do I do this or do that or what. So this coming up weekend (not this one, but next) I am going to give it a go.

It might just become my new thing! Perfect timing also, it is going to be getting cooler in the temps and I'll need something for me and the baby to snuggle up with while we are surfing the net, watching tv or when he is being fed.

I can not wait!!! Watch out i'm a going to be a quilting fool!

I'll post pictures when I'm done.

1 comment:

  1. I have made a couple. I love them and they are light and warm!

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a little love!

Related Posts with Thumbnails