Friday, January 30, 2009

Sleeping Prince

I have been so envious of other mother's whose child has slept through the night shortly after they were born. It is so difficult to think about anything other than the fact I'm running on a short fuse and the short end of the stick. Why can't I be so lucky.

From the day my son was born he did not sleep longer than 2.5 hours at a time day or night. So I was on shift 24-7 for feeding, changing and loving. I wanted to say 24-7 365 :) he hasn't been alive that long :) .

If any of you have had to go through this for an extended time you know that eventually it becomes something that you resent. It messes with your emotions, your thoughts and the way you treat others.

All I could dream about for the longest time was when was it going to be my turn to enjoy 8 hours of restful sleep, and what it would do for my outlook on life. I would take more than 8 hours if it was offered (you know just so you know :) ). The problem with that is even though I eventually got help about 6 months into it, 1 night of sleep just wasn't enough.
My body was/is craving it like I crave chocolate during that time of the month!

I've tasted the sweet joy of sleep and I need more more more more!!!

Around 7 months he started sleeping a little better he would only wake about 2-3 times per night. Better... Getting there... a little more sleep!!

I really don't want to jinx myself, but I would like to share with you.

My son who will be turning 8 months on Feb 2nd slept through the night 9pm-5am for the second night in a row last night!





**In all honesty even though I felt like it was a difficult time the 1st 6 months of my son's life, I wouldn't change it for anything. I was given the opportunity to take extra time to cuddle and love him. Yes even if it was at 1 am in the morning and all I wanted to do was lay my head down.

One day he will no longer want mama to hold him anymore as he will have exciting adventures beckoning to him and things to explore that he won't be able to resist.

Mama will be here little man when you need me. **

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a little love!

Related Posts with Thumbnails