Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Cost Comparison of Baby Formula

My first choice for my children has always been breastfeeding however with my son his medical problems and my subsequent problem with dehydration left me unable to produce an adequate supply of milk. After much trying and supplementing with herbals to promote milk production I had to start introducing formula.

I don't have many options of generic formula so I was purchasing name brand Similac Isomil advance. Now had I been in a location where I could have purchased Parents choice I may have chosen that route as I have found the savings to be significant!

I plugged my information into the baby formula savings calculator and found that my formula:

Similac Isomil Advance sells for $26.32 per can
Parents Choice Sells for $13.68 per can

I would have saved $12.64 per can or $439.87 during the whole time I was formula feeding!

All baby formula sold in the U.S. must meet the same basic nutrient requirements specified by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration.

So if you find that formula is the right method for your circumstances, you might want to look at the store brands to save money and still get the same quality as the name brands.







07ba8d304d30ec30228cb0054e85a7e8


Post?slot_id=42704&url=http%3a%2f%2fsocialspark

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a little love!

Related Posts with Thumbnails