Thursday, October 15, 2009

Pantry Challenge

I am putting us on a Pantry Challenge for the next two weeks. Well longer if we have enough food to do it.

My husband and I went through our freezer and deep freeze and made and inventory of everything in there. Our goal is to use it up.

We are trying to pay off our bills with Gazelle intensity! If you are a fan of Dave Ramsey you will recognize that!

During this freezer inventory We found two pounds of ground pork dated Jan 2007!!! Whoa. It did have to go. Everything else stayed :)

Here is our menu that we used last week

Wednesday
Ham & Veggie Soup - made with cubed ham, corn, onion, broccoli, cauliflower, mushrooms & rice.

Thursday
Tilapia, Red Potatoes, Italian Herb noodles, Asparagus

Friday
Homemade Pizza

Saturday
(We have visitors in town today)
Lunch: Spaghetti & garlic bread
Dinner: Ribeye Steaks, mashed potatoes, california veggies

Sunday
Alaskan Crab, Tiger Shrimp, Brussel Sprouts & rice

Monday
Meatloaf, Rice, Green beans

Tuesday
Yakisoba

(Wed we had Soba & Thurs was fend for yourself night)

Friday
Homemade Pizza

Saturday
Veggie Soup

Sunday
Chicken & Dumplings


I've still got to finish making the meal plans for next week. I'll be posting them next Monday or Tuesday. Monday will be a quick meal or crockpot meal as we have foreign exchange students all day.

For breakfast each day we will be having oatmeal or cereal. Lunch is sandwiches or leftovers. I have about 10 containers of lunchmeat in the freezer!! :)

I have also got fruit for baking, pie crusts etc. I'll be using the fruit for whole food smoothies and will be saving the pie crust for Thanksgiving.


Before starting myself on this challenge I didn't realize what I had. Now looking at the list I have found that there was all kinds of things hidden in there!


Do you do a Pantry Challenge in your home? If you do how often to you do it? If not would you like to join me??




07ba8d304d30ec30228cb0054e85a7e8

2 comments:

  1. I will do it with you! My freezer is almost empty, but I am sure I can live on what is in there for about......maybe a week at the most. My deep freezer is Empty!!! Thanks again mam for the great freezer. When we get ourselves a steer he will fill the thing up:) I will make a list just like u did to see if I have enough food.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would LOVE to try this!! Not so sure if my bride would share my excitement. LOL! I am at the point where I NEED to get my lormentidebt paid down so I can accomplish the things I need to in life. I've heard of Dave Ramsey before, I think I'll check him out.

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a little love!

Related Posts with Thumbnails