Saturday, November 7, 2009

Pumpkins Pumpkins Pumpkins!!

We missed carving pumpkins for Halloween this year due to our extremely last minute and oh so fun getaway vacation. So I have 3 pumpkins sitting on my table that I would like to use to make puree and toast the seeds.

The method I am using this year to roast the pumpkins:

Cut the pumpkins in 1/2 scoop out the seeds and drizzle them with some olive oil. Then place them cut side down on a foil lined pan. Bake at 300 F for 1 1/2 hours.

And for the seeds:

http://www.pumpkinpatchesandmore.org/pumpkinseeds.php

We usually make our seeds with a little sea salt and thats it. This year we might try them with some other seasoning. Not sure yet.


Sunday I will be doing some freezer prep cooking. I have already put 16 hamburger patties in the freezer, 4 1lbs bags of ground beef, 1 - 1 1/2 lbs bag of taco seasoned ground beef and meat balls in the freezer. So all I have to do when I need a recipe for those items is go in and grab them.

I have a turkey thawed in the fridge. We are going to try a neat trick I found in my latest Martha Stewert magazine to roast a turkey very quickly. I was going to use chickens but I found the turkeys were the same price and would yield more meat so we went that route.


Tonight is the Marine Corps ball so hopefully i'll have some pictures and I won't sleep to late Sunday!!




07ba8d304d30ec30228cb0054e85a7e8

1 comment:

  1. HAVE FUN TONIGHT! My sister just bought her dress for her husband's Marine Corps Ball, how much fun! LOVE roasting pumpkin seeds by the way, haven't done it right until this year and now I'm in love.

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a little love!

Related Posts with Thumbnails