Saturday, January 30, 2010

Mairzy Doats

Mairzy doats and dozy doats and liddle lamzy divey
A kiddley divey too, wouldn't you?
Mairzy doats and dozy doats and liddle lamzy divey
A kiddley divey too, wouldn't you?
LOL I think this is one of my favorite songs.  Not something people normally hear but as a child I remember my grandmother singing this to us.  I just adore my grandmother with all that I have!

This tune was popular and reached number 1 on the charts in March 1944.

Never heard of it?  Maybe this will make it easier

Mares eat oats and does eat oates and little lambs eat ivy.
A kid'll eat ivy to, wouldn't you?

That isn't all of the lyrics.  Check here for the rest of it.

AND...

For your viewing pleasure



What is that?

Do I hear you humming this catchy little tune??!!  LOL I thought so hope you enjoy!

07ba8d304d30ec30228cb0054e85a7e8

1 comment:

  1. Oh this song is too cute, and very catchy indeed! :)

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a little love!

Related Posts with Thumbnails