Sunday, January 3, 2010

Pantry Challenge Sunday 1-3 & recipe

Last night was a horrible night in the house.  The little guy was awake until 2am and then got back up at 5 am.  So we did a little sleeping in till about 10 this morning!  Thank goodness it was the weekend so we had the luxury.

First up on the menu for our meals today was sausage biscuits & gravy.  We had some of those frozen Grands biscuits in the freezer as well as a tube of sausage.  Milk we usually have plenty of.  My dear husband was the chef in charge of that meal.  Actually it is his specialty if you can believe that!  He doesn't really do much cooking but if you want breakfast he is the man to go to!!  This meal served as our breakfast/lunch.

For dinner we had spaghetti with homemade meatballs.  I spruced up our spaghetti a little bit by adding some enoki mushrooms, sliced zucchini & garlic.  The meatballs were some that I had made up in December and put them in the freezer.  I added onion and seasoning salt to the meatballs when I made them.  I did not make the actual tomato sauce from scratch it was from a can.

For desert we had leftover chocolate cake & jello fruit salad.  I did not take pictures of the meal we had tonight.  I think I was just too darn hungry to remember!  Here is the recipe for the fruit salad.

Jello Fruit Salad

Jello (you favorite flavor)  I used Strawberry
Fruit cocktail
Pecans pieces
Marshmallows (mini)

Depending on the amount you want to make that will determine the size of  Jello boxes you need.  I was making a 9x13 pan so I used 2 large boxes of Jello.  I followed the directions on the box for the regular method.  placed the jello into the fridge and waited 1 1/2 hours.  Sprinkle pecan pieces over Jello, then drain the fruit cocktail spread over the top of the Jello.  I then take the mini marshmallows and spread them out over the top of all of it and lightly press them down with my hand.  Return the mixture to the fridge for the remaining amount of time specified on the box.

Very easy to make and very good to eat!





07ba8d304d30ec30228cb0054e85a7e8

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a little love!

Related Posts with Thumbnails