Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Pantry Progress, Questions answered & more to come

I went through my cupboards again today weeding out the stuff I knew my family was not ever going to eat. Yes even if it was the last thing in the cabinet. So I gifted it to the neighbor who has 5 kids.

I also found more expired food so I chucked it. That completely cleaned out one cabinet. So I am down to one cabinet that has 3 shelves, my freezer and my deep freeze.

I didn't have a monetary limit for spending but if I had had one I would have beaten it by a long shot.  If I remember correctly we've spent $50 out of pocket + whatever we got from WIC.

That brings me to my first question that I was asked by someone.

Do you really think it is fair to participate in this challenge when you are getting assistance?

I didn't do this challenge for it to be "fair" for others.  I did this challenge  as it was intended to clean out "my" pantry to use up things that have been sitting there.  I get assistance because I qualify and with the cost of living here I'm going to take what help I can get.  I pay $4 for 1/2 a gallon of milk how much do you pay where you live?

Miss Go Lightly asked about the vending machines I blogged about here .  She wanted to know how much it costs to purchase something from the machines.

These particular machines were marked 100 Yen.  At today's exchange rate that would be equivalent to $1.12.  Most of the machines have varying prices for items.  A small coke could be 110 Yen and the larger coke 150 Yen.  Some machines carry the larger coke for 120 Yen and then coke in a plastic bottle for 150 yen.

You can buy coffee, tea, soda, juices and even sometimes food from these machines.  I'll try to take more pictures of them.


If you are interested in reading up on all my posts about the pantry challenge you can click here.

Just a reminder that my blog is going to be going through another change.  I just can't stand all the extra work I have to do just to type up a simple post only to have it wiped away or skipping around all over the place.  I noticed this happening just after the last change and I don't like it.  Please bear with me during the construction.

I hope to start doing some posts about crafts I have been making and sewing.  I have tons of vintage sewing patterns begging me to get them out and to whip something up!

And before I forget a little shout out to one of my favorite gal pals in the world!  You probably don't know her but she will know this is for her when she reads it.

Misaka we miss you so very very much!!  We know you miss being here with us but think of all the great opportunities and adventures you have around you in Washington!  We can't wait to meet up with you again!  Hopefully sooner rather than later!!!





07ba8d304d30ec30228cb0054e85a7e8

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a little love!

Related Posts with Thumbnails