Thursday, January 7, 2010

Sausage Sweet Potatoes & Zucchini Pantry Challenge meal 1-6-10

I didn't get to post this yesterday.

For dinner we had smoked sausage, sweet potatoes, zucchini slices & brown rice.


 I'm sure some of you are wondering where the sweet potatoes are in the picture??  LOL  They are the purple bits in the picture bottom left.  We are eating Okinawan sweet potatoes.  I LOVE the purple color of them.  They start out a light purple and as they cook their color deepens.

I don't know if they are any healthier than regular sweet potatoes, but i'm sure I could google it.  I just like the color.


I must confess here.  If you notice in the picture we are using salad plates.  This limits the amount of food we can have on our plates & I try to make just enough food.  Well that is a problem in this house apparently.  I have a 12 yr old & a 6 yr old who are now requiring at least seconds as well as a grown man who is still complaining he is starving!  LOL

So I made pancakes!  Yep I went back into the kitchen and whipped up some pancakes.  I actually did a search for an IHOP pancake recipe.  Well you'll notice an absence of a recipe posted below because although the pancakes did taste good I did not think they were IHOP-like  so I can not recommend it.

Hopefully tonight I will have another recipe for you.

07ba8d304d30ec30228cb0054e85a7e8

1 comment:

  1. That looks yummy! ::stomach growling now:: ;)
    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a little love!

Related Posts with Thumbnails