Monday, January 25, 2010

Weekend Escapades

Saturday was a lounge around the house day.  It was cold and dreary outside.  Just the right kind of day to snuggle under a quilt in my sweats.  Well except I wasn't wearing sweats!  :)

For dinner on Saturday we had what my husband calls a surf and turf (steak & seafood).














Our fish was halibut & our steak ribeye.  We also had brussel sprouts &  mashed (smooshed clumpy) sweet potatoes.  Check out that colorful meal!!  Yum Yum!  I had DH grill the halibut and the steak on the grill.  I also had him place a small cast iron pan with olive oil, garlic and veggie seasoning with the tomatoes in the pan.

Never in my life did I think I would be eating brussel sprouts this often!  It just took making them in a different way and we are hooked!!

It was a very delicious meal and still part of our pantry challenge!

Sunday we invited our friends to join us for a day of geocaching.  Lets just say they loved it!!  YAY!!  We found 5 out of 5 caches that day!  Perfect!  

Since there were going to be 5 kids with us that day I planned out all of the caches so they were either at a park, a beach or something historical but still give them the opportunity to run.

Here is a picture of our first find of the day.














The kids were excited to trade with the caches and the little guy in the cars hat was excited to find more "treasure".  He kept saying "ok lets go!  lets go find more treasure!!"  How cute!


I would not want to get into a fight with this tree!!  Yikes!


Tonight for dinner we are having this soup.  I am a subscriber to their blog and enjoy trying some of their recipes out.  I will say that I had to add a little more seasoning than they call for in their recipe & I added garlic & corn.  It is simmering away on the stove right now and I can not wait for it to be done!!  I took a taste test already!  :)  Yum Yum!!  


I'll share more photos of our weekend later on this week!  We are visiting places we have never been before here in Japan and taking you along for the ride!  :)

Also the blog will be under construction again.  I really thought I was happy with it this time but the code seems to work all funky with blogger.  It takes me twice as long to do a post if I'm using pictures than it would if I didn't.

Tomorrow i am going to be answering some of your comments in my post.  So if you have any questions for me get them in as soon as you can!!


07ba8d304d30ec30228cb0054e85a7e8

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a little love!

Related Posts with Thumbnails