Monday, April 19, 2010

Date Night!! As in me & hubby

Yep we got to have our very own date night sans children!  It was wonderful!!  I am now the mother of a teenager who can sit for us on the odd night we decide to hit the town on our own!  I have her at my disposal when I'm not too stupid nice enough not to say no to her watching our neighbors children.

The food was great, the conversation was lacking but purely my right vocal cord's fault on that one!  DH graciously took pictures.

We went to dinner at a local restaurant Sam's by the Sea.  It is fairly expensive but every time I go I find my food is delicious.  Service is hit or miss depending on the wait staff.  I have had some good and some bad experiences but it hasn't kept me away.  They are very popular and as such can be very busy so bring your patience with you.

They play Hawaiian music throughout the restaurant.  They decorate with shells and other maritime trinkets as well as photos of native Hawaiian's in hula, surfing etc...  The wait staff are all female and are all wearing the same sailor type uniform.

Check out the neat salt & pepper shakers!!  Oh and that little lamp that is burning is the only light at our table.  Each table is arranged with their own.  Ambiance? Yes.  Hard to read your menu? Yes.  I probably wouldn't want to see the building by the light of day.  But the food is GREAT!!

My Blue Hawaii


My Filet Mignon and Lobster Thermidor
I do not care for my lobster cooked this way.  I must remember that.  It was good but it was not to my liking.

My husbands meal of Filet Mignon & giant prawn

Me after dinner

The statue that greets you as you drive into the parking lot.

Lets sail away!

King Kamehameha

I did not take a picture of the East Indian Curry soup.  For shame!  It is one of the things that keep my husband and I returning to this restaurant regularly.  Very delicious and they guard the recipe like it is the crown jewels!




07ba8d304d30ec30228cb0054e85a7e8

3 comments:

  1. Wooo-whoo for date night...and a built in babysitter! I will have one of those eventually...my kids are 6 years apart.

    Thanks for stopping by on my SITS Day.

    Holly
    504 Main

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'm so jealous. it would probably be years before me and the hubby go out on a date night, sans 2yo jackjack.

    love the tiki shakers :)

    shuttling in from SITS :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Its gott be nice to have a built in sitter, snuggle bug is 2 so we're used to going out to placed that have crayons and a kids menu lol. What a neat restaurant!! I love anything tiki inspired so i'd be in heaven.

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a little love!

Related Posts with Thumbnails