Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Bento Tuesday - May 25, 2010


Here is my bento for today Tuesday May 25th.  Today I am using a stainless steel container.  It does have a plastic lid so I let the food cool before putting on the lid and putting it into the refridgerator.

I find stir fry meals very easy to make.  We enjoy our veggies to still have a little crunch to them so it doesn't really take that long to put together.

I really enjoyed the flavor of the chicken in this dish.  I used a combo of soy sauce, italian dressing and olive oil to cook the chicken in.  It gave it something of a sweet salty taste.  I used only soy sauce and olive oil for the veggies & noodles.
Shredded Chicken Breast
Mixed Stir fry veggies: Carrots, Green pepper, Onion, Mushrooms, Cabbage
Yakisoba noodles



I used low salt soy sauce, and a salad dressing that tastes similar to Italian, a bag of already cut up mixed veggies and yakisoba noodles.  If you look back in my archives you'll notice I did a post for yakisoba which uses the same ingredients except for the salad dressing.



I would also like to show you my bento drawer.  This is where I am keeping all the little odds and ends I pick up to help me create our bento.  There are five of us so I am going to have to start using some restraint when purchasing or I will run out of room.


So far I haven't gotten creative with design but from my research and talking to others.  Most of the decorated or kawaii designs are for young children who may or may not be picky eaters.  This is to help encourage them to eat their food.  So far I am content with making them as I have been but I may spice them up here and there.



Want more bento ideas?

Just Bento
Lunch in a box ~ she even has a bento store locator. You can plug in your location and see if anyone has shared a location in your area. If not and you know of one mark it so others will know.


Do you bento?





07ba8d304d30ec30228cb0054e85a7e8

2 comments:

  1. Very cool, it looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, your bento box looks delicious! I'm sure I will get into the Bento trend once Goobie starts going to school, I can't wait!

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a little love!

Related Posts with Thumbnails